Mr. Dortort and Some Familiar Names

The Cannon family runs the High Chaparral Ranch in the Arizona Territory in the 1870s. Check out another western by David Dortort.
barb
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 132
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

100 Posts 1,000 Posts 5,000 Posts 10,000 Posts
half million posts Volunteer Boomers Contribution FanFic Writer Badge
Ponderosa Murder Mystery Ponderosa Murder Mystery 2 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 1 Cowboy Poetry 2012
Cock & Bull St. Patrick's Day Limerick Don't Blink Boomers BINGO

View all badges

Mr. Dortort and Some Familiar Names

Post by barb » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:49 pm

I watched Hanging Posse again on Bonanza the other day, and noticed the names of two of the posse members were Buck and Blue. Has anyone else noticed that? I wonder if those names were favorites of Mr. Dortort since they were later used for two of the main characters on High Chaparral. I'm going to go back and check it again, just to make sure I didn't misunderstand, but I'm sure the two young guys said Buck and Blue when they introduced themselves. Thought that was interesting.

Barb

A Ponderosa Pine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 81
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: ADAM!

Administrator Anniversary Poem or Artwork 100 Posts 1,000 Posts
5,000 Posts 10,000 Posts Boomers Million Volunteer
Photographer Referral Badge Cartwright Generosity Boomers Contribution
Guest Star Bio FanFic Writer Badge Ponderosa Murder Mystery Ponderosa Murder Mystery 2

View all badges

Re: Mr. Dortort and Some Familiar Names

Post by A Ponderosa Pine » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:24 pm

You are right about the names, Barb, but I had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder!! :cool1

It's very interesting that they were used on BZ in the very first season, and then so many years later on HC. It must have been names Mr. Dortort liked!!

Pernellen Pine :pine
:pine Pining for Adam

January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 367
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Administrator Admin Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
David Canary Birthday 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Springtime 2019

View all badges

Re: Mr. Dortort and Some Familiar Names

Post by January » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 pm

barb wrote:I watched Hanging Posse again on Bonanza the other day, and noticed the names of two of the posse members were Buck and Blue. Has anyone else noticed that? I wonder if those names were favorites of Mr. Dortort since they were later used for two of the main characters on High Chaparral. I'm going to go back and check it again, just to make sure I didn't misunderstand, but I'm sure the two young guys said Buck and Blue when they introduced themselves. Thought that was interesting.
Barb
Don't forget that Ben's horse on BZ was named "Buck". :yes
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

Return to “The High Chaparral”