Recent Pictures of the High Chaparral

The Cannon family runs the High Chaparral Ranch in the Arizona Territory in the 1870s. Check out another western by David Dortort.
patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 310
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Librarian Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Friends Gathering 2019
September Song 2019 BINGO Spare Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Reader's Choice Level 1

View all badges

Recent Pictures of the High Chaparral

Post by patina » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:12 pm

My cousin in Tucson got married in 2006 and while my family was there for the wedding, I convinced the parents and brothers that we should go visit Old Tucson Studios. Most of the original sets that were used in John Wayne movies and TV shows filmed there burned bunches of years ago. Fortunately, the High Chaparral house was not one of those!!!!

by me
The entry to the High Chaparral ranch. My heart was racing to see that! What a thrill to walk through the entry and up the "driveway" to the house!!

by me
Not the best pic of the house due to the angle of the sun. I so wish I could've gone inside!! The tour guide told me that the interior shots were filmed in California, so the sets seen on TV are not inside this house. Bummer!!!

by me
I really wanted to do some exploring, but something was filming there that day. Drat!! So I didn't have the chance to wander around as much as would've liked.
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian

January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 367
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Administrator Admin Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
David Canary Birthday 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Springtime 2019

View all badges

Re: Recent Pictures of the High Chaparral

Post by January » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:15 pm

Patina!!! These are GREAT! Thank you SO much for adding them to this forum and the gallery. Makes me want to jump in the picture. They are beautiful!
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

A Ponderosa Pine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 81
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: ADAM!

Administrator Anniversary Poem or Artwork 100 Posts 1,000 Posts
5,000 Posts 10,000 Posts Boomers Million Volunteer
Photographer Referral Badge Cartwright Generosity Boomers Contribution
Guest Star Bio FanFic Writer Badge Ponderosa Murder Mystery Ponderosa Murder Mystery 2

View all badges

Post by A Ponderosa Pine » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:38 pm

:redcowboy Patina, I am so excited to see these pictures!!!!! They are really good!!!!! :very happy

I definitely hope to go see this place someday, but for now I'm going to just enjoy these pictures!! I can just see John and Victoria and Buck and Blue and Manolito and the ranchhands being all over this place!!

Thanks you for sharing!! :yes

Pine :pine
:pine Pining for Adam

Cowboy Jim
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 7
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

100 Posts Photographer Referral Badge Meet & Greet chat
Falling out of chat Oscar Chat Meet & Greet Chat

View all badges

Post by Cowboy Jim » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:34 pm

Great pictures Patina! I'd love to see it in person. Glad you got to.

Jim

Return to “The High Chaparral”