First Impressions

Guy Williams was Zorro before he was Will Cartwright.

Moderator: patina

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 150
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Reader's Choice Level 4 Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019
Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019

View all badges

First Impressions

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm

What did you think of Zorro the very first time you saw him? I watched some episodes last night, and at first all I could see him as was Will from the Bonanza episode, "Return to Honor." But he was so comical, so wonderfully handsome here! :grin His clothes were the most elaborate I've seen yet, but somehow, when his father is present, I just had to say to my mom yesterday while watching: "Since that's Will's father, does that make him Ben's brother, John?" :laughing
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 184
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 7 Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Michael Landon Birthday 2019
Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
September Song 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Board Navigation 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers

View all badges

Re: First Impressions

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 am

I first saw Zorro when I was five or six and I remember I thought he was the most exciting character ever. I would go around pretending to be him. At that time I hadn't heard of Bonanza...I didn't see Bonanza until I was 22. So I tend to see Will and think "What is Zorro doing in Bonanza?"
These users thanked the author CowgirlAtHeart for the post (total 2):
littlejoeniceJOE AND WILL FAN
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 150
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Reader's Choice Level 4 Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019
Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:49 am

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:...I tend to see Will and think "What is Zorro doing in Bonanza?"
That's so funny! I watched Bonanza first, before Zorro, so I think exactly the opposite! When I watch Zorro, I always wonder if the Cartwrights knew about his secret identity! :laughing
These users thanked the author littlejoenice for the post:
CowgirlAtHeart
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

NelleyCartwright
Badges: 6
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam Cartwright

Amazon Buyer Chat Host Group Member Don't Blink
Escape To Ponderosa New Member Post

View all badges

Post by NelleyCartwright » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am

I immedately thought Wow! Will Cartwright is so Handsome! I hope they keep him on the show. Then I googled him & saw he played Zorro! I fell in Love with him all over again. Zorro was my first TV actor crush next to Batman. There's something about men wearing black. Probably why I Love Adam :drool
These users thanked the author NelleyCartwright for the post:
littlejoenice
"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me" -Adam Cartwright
(A Knight to Remember S6 Ep 13)

JOE AND WILL FAN
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 13
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: JOE,WILL,ADAM,BEN,HOSS,CLAY

Amazon Buyer Photographer Group Member 100 Posts
Boomers Million Don't Blink Hidden Treasures Summer 2012 Hidden Treasures Thanksgiving
Hidden Treasures Christmas Mix N Match Behind The Scenes SPOOK-tacular Halloween 2013
Easter 2013

View all badges

Post by JOE AND WILL FAN » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:22 pm

Zorro was one of my favorites growing up! I too wish it would have worked out for the Will character.

Return to “Zorro”