Little Joe POD ~ 9/27/21-10/02/21 ~ The Hanging Posse

We had Uncle Joe, Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, Betty Jo and now Little Joe!

Moderator: Bejules

Sierras
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 277
Stories: 14
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Reader's Choice Level 46 Bonanza Ballads Level 18 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Reader's Choice Level 45 20,000 Posts Happy 16th Anniversary
Library Reviewer Level 2 Happy New Year 2024 Reader's Choice Level 44 Bonanza Ballads Level 17
Holiday Participation 2023 Deck The Halls Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023

View all badges

Little Joe POD ~ 9/27/21-10/02/21 ~ The Hanging Posse

Post by Sierras »

(I am fascinated with the relationship of Joe and Adam. I love some JAMs. Joe's feelings toward his family run deep, and he has a strong sense of justice. Adam is wise, and he notices all of the details of what is really going on. I believe if someone were to study their relationship a good place to start is "The Hanging Posse" from the first season. So this week we'll be taking a look at this episode through the eyes of Joe. Enjoy!)

Monday

We see all 4 Cartwrights in the general store/mercantile. This is the episode where Hoss buys a bag of candy and ends up giving it to a little boy, and Ben says something about not wanting any of his sons to look like a riverboat gambler. Ben and Hoss leave while Joe and Adam stay in town for Joe to get his haircut.

Next the body of a murdered woman is brought into town by her husband, Flint Johnson. He says 3 men were seen riding away. Adam mentions that it doesn't necessarily mean they were the ones who did it.

Later Deputy Sheriff Jeb Clanton asks Joe and Adam to join the posse that Flint is having put together. The scout will be Paiute Scroggs. Joe and Adam agree to join the posse ~ with reservations of what it may turn into.

The posse leaves to look for the killers ...

Hanging Posse POD ~ Monday.png
Hanging Posse POD ~ Monday.png (896.87 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
All caps from the Gallery
"Like father like sons." Echoed by Little Joe in "Springtime"
"Now I know that we are only half brothers, but we are brothers." Adam in "The Hayburner"
:dg In fond memory of dougsgirl

This topic has 54 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Little Joe's Junction”