'Why'd I have to be born the youngest?'

We had Uncle Joe, Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, Betty Jo and now Little Joe!

Moderator: Bejules

pony
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 105
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Former Forum Host Clean Up The Kitchen Happy 15th Anniversary BINGO Spare Winter '23
BINGO Participant Winter '23 10th Anniversary Letter B BINGO Gutterball Winter '23 Christmas Music 2022
Holiday Participation 2022 Christmas Bauble 2022 Christmas Recipes 2022 Escape To Ponderosa
50th Anniversary Chat Holiday Decorations 2010 Chat Badge Fun Thanksgiving 2010

View all badges

'Why'd I have to be born the youngest?'

Post by pony »

That was a common lament of Joe's on Bonanza, and there's plenty of evidence to indicate that he really did get treated like the "baby" of the family.

But you could also make a pretty good case for the fact that he got away with a lot of stuff that neither Adam nor Hoss would have dared to even try! :laughing

For example, Joe's table manners are sometimes less than desirable ..! He often chews with his mouth open, talks with his mouth full; (poor Hoss, sitting right across the table from him, probably got tired of "see food" at every meal!). And yet I don't recall Ben ever correcting Joe in this area. Maybe Pa was worn out by then, or was at least picking his battles with Joe!

What are some examples you've noticed of Joe either being treated like a 5-year-old OR getting away with the proverbial murder? :shrug
Life is good.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Little Joe's Junction”