Episode 345 - OLD FRIENDS

Bonanza Season 11 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 345 - OLD FRIENDS

Postby Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Date: December 14, 1969

Summary: Ben’s old friend, Jess Waddell, is a bounty hunter in hot pursuit of another old friend, Charlie Sheppard. Ben’s attempt to keep Jess from killing Charlie intensifies when Hoss is taken hostage.

Written by: Barney Slater
Directed by: Leon Benson
Guest Stars: Robert J. Wilke (Charlie Sheppard); Morgan Woodward (Jess Waddell); Rick Lamson (Morgan Sheppard)

Image courtesy of Tracy and Bonanza Boomers Gallery

snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Re: Episode 345 - OLD FRIENDS

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:57 pm

The only thing I must comment on here is LG's weight loss. I was so used to seeing a beefier Ben that when I saw him in this episode it was startling how much thinner he was. :ohmy You can definitely see the weight loss in his face, along the jowl line. Does anybody know the backstory about this? Was LG recovering from an illness or did he just go on a crash diet?

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 116
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam
:
Forum Moderator Thanksgiving 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8
Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2
Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 Guess The Guest Star 2 Summer 2018
Cinco de mayo 2018 Without A Trace 7 Stuffed In Chat 2018 Meet & Greet Chat 2018
View All Badges

Re: Episode 345 - OLD FRIENDS

Postby ellen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:37 am

snapdragon wrote:The only thing I must comment on here is LG's weight loss. I was so used to seeing a beefier Ben that when I saw him in this episode it was startling how much thinner he was. :ohmy You can definitely see the weight loss in his face, along the jowl line. Does anybody know the backstory about this? Was LG recovering from an illness or did he just go on a crash diet?

I remember reading that he went on a rice diet to lose weight, so I googled it and found this article that mentions it:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 9460&hl=en

It says he lost 30 pounds (13.6 kg)
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Return to “Season 11”