Episode 227 - THE TROUBLE WITH JAMIE

Bonanza Season 7 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 227 - THE TROUBLE WITH JAMIE

Postby Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Date: March 20, 1966

Summary: The Cartwrights have their hands full with a spoiled cousin from back East.

Written by: Helen B. Hicks
Directed by: R. G. Springsteen
Guest Stars: Jamie...Michael Burns Matthew...Ross Elliott Elizabeth...Tracy Olsen Roy Coffee...Ray Teal Hop Sing...Victor Sen Yung

Slideshow courtesy of Shaggy1581

snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Re: Episode 227 - THE TROUBLE WITH JAMIE

Postby snapdragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:08 pm

MeTV is almost done airing Season 7. I now understand why this season is part of Bonanza's "lost episodes" package .... it really hasn't been very good. :sad

But The Trouble with Jamie is one of the few stand-out episodes, IMO. It struck all the right notes between humor and drama and strained father-son relationships. At no point did I feel the storyline dragged at all. The actor who played Jamie was well-cast (typical of Bonanza), he was fun to watch. His spoiled impudence made his comeuppances all the more satisfying (such as Hoss dunking him into the horse trough or Ben giving him a good tanning. Ha!)

Gifs :cool1

daisy60
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 99
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael
:
Game Night 11 Aug 2018 Level 1 4th of July 2018 FFW 2018 Word Search Cinco de mayo 2018
Without A Trace 7 BINGO Spare Games Edition St. Patrick's Day 2018 Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018
Meet & Greet Chat 2018 Olympics Gold 2018 Guess The Guest Star Anniversary Puzzler
Balloon Hunt Anniversary Don't Blink Anniversary Quiz Anniversary Word Puzzle
View All Badges

Postby daisy60 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:46 pm

The Cartwrights sure taught Jamie a thing or two! I love this episode and the gifs!

mumu74
Drover
Drover
Badges: 14
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben
:
Former Forum Host 100 Posts 1,000 Posts Volunteer
Video PODs FanFic Writer Badge Holiday Decorations 2010
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2015 Surprise Surprise Surprise
Surprise Surprise
View All Badges

Postby mumu74 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 pm

My Favorite episode.... So good, Ben gave us a solid demonstration of being a fatherly figure with a young boy without a frame, without rules and without limites. Ben gave him a very good lesson and taught him many things about right and wrong, and respect. It was a hard and painful lesson, but a very necessary one. Perfect Ben. Very good job.

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 305
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
:
Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Summer Writing Challenge 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 4
Spring Awakens Pernell Birthday 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Cinco de mayo 2018
Without A Trace 7 Bonanza Ballads Level 2 Bonanza Ballads Level 1 Anniversary Don't Blink
10th Anniversary Letter F Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Dan Blocker Birthday
View All Badges

Postby Tracy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:22 pm

This is one of my least favorite episodes. IMO, Ben (and Joe and Hoss) put up with Jaime's behavior for far too long. And at the end, when the boy does seem to be on the right road to behavior, he's handed back to his father simply because his father promises to do better.

Return to “Season 7”