Episode 216 - ALL YE HIS SAINTS

Bonanza Season 7 Episodes
snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Re: Episode 216 - ALL YE HIS SAINTS

Postby snapdragon » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:29 pm

Little Joe reaped all of the rewards that Ben (and Adam) worked so hard to build. I feel that Adam sacrificed his childhood so that Joe, and to some extent Hoss, could have the kind of family life Ben dreamed about. I believe this is where the tension between Adam and Joe comes from while Hoss is the glue that holds them together.

Sharry
Drover
Drover
Badges: 46
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam
:
Feedback Corral Summer 2018 FFW 2018 Matchups FFW 2018 Once Upon A Story
FFW 2018 Fabulous Fan Fiction Cinco de mayo 2018 Stuffed In Chat 2018 Meet & Greet Chat 2018
Anniversary Secret Word Step Up To 2018 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember
Escape To Ponderosa Halloween Recipe 2017 School Daze II 2017 Chat Host
View All Badges

Postby Sharry » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Tracy wrote:Each Cartwright son was raised in a different level of comfort.
Adam - no home until the age of about 5-6. An older woman as a nanny (what happened to her, anyway?), strangers in every town, lack of food at times, a mother in Inger, a new baby to share his parents with, Inger gone, a baby and still miles to travel . . .
Joe never knew those things. He did lose his mother, but he never lived, IMO, in fear.

Yes, that's one of the things I think is so interesting about the three of them. They've each had a different experience, but united in other ways.

I think it's also one of the things I most admire about Adam. He had a level of dignity and capability that just oozes out of him that I've always liked to attribute to his early childhood and his unique set of experiences. It always just made sense to me that all of those things would have influenced and molded him into someone who was a little bit different than either of his brothers.

Chenoa
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben & Little Joe
:
Without A Trace 6 Talk like a pirate 2017 Spare BINGO Quotes Search BINGO Quotes
Fun With Quotes 2017 Saint Patrick's Day 2017 Countdown to 1,111,111 100 Posts
The Reading Club The Reading Club Oktoberfest 2016 Talk Like A Pirate 2016
St. Patrick's Day 2016 Oscar Chat Meet & Greet Chat
View All Badges

Postby Chenoa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:35 pm

It is a very touching scene between Joe and Ben, and I understand and agree with you saying that Adam would have been more likely to worry about loosing his father, and (being the rational and responsible person he is) what this would mean for him and baby brother Hoss.

However, I believe that Joe is the one the most emotionally attached to Ben (not that Adam and Hoss are not) and that there is a special bond between them two, plus being the youngest of the family, therefore he needs Ben even more than his older brothers, and the thought of loosing Ben must be a horrible for him...
"They´re three fine boys Jed...hard workers and a good head on their shoulders...they are close to each other as brothers should be!" Ben in "Springtime"

Return to “Season 7”