Episode 81 - LAND GRAB

Bonanza Season 3 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 81 - LAND GRAB

Postby Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 am

Date: December 31, 1961

Summary: The Cartwrights entertain and old army friend of Ben’s, Colonel Bragg. At the same time, they find a group of squatters pitching camp on the Ponderosa. They have property deeds and they claim that they purchased the land from a fellow named John Polk. The claims and the deeds are fraudulent and violence ensues before the issue is resolved.

Written by:Ward Hawkins
Directed by: David Orrick McDearmon
Guest Stars: Colonel Bragg...John McGiver Mike Sullivan...George Mitchell Lisette Belrose...Lisette Loze Hop Sing...Victor Sen Yung Roy Coffee...Ray Teal Bobby Jacks...Don Wilbanks Eddie Wheeler...Don Oreck Mr. Belrose...Dennis Whitcomb Jean Wheeler...Jason Johnson Amanda Gates...Eileen Ryan Victoria Gates...Fay McKenzie Hotel Clerk...Fred Sherman

Slideshow images courtesy of Tracy

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 151
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe
:
Forum Moderator Book cover Team Reader's Choice Level 1 11th Anniversary
Christmas 2018 Dan's Birthday 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Thanksgiving questions 2018
Thanksgiving 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Halloween 2018 Mike's Birthday 2018
Ponderosa Nightmares 2018 Surprise Level 8 Surprise Level 7 Surprise Level 6
View All Badges

Re: Episode 81 - LAND GRAB

Postby CowgirlAtHeart » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 pm

I noticed something that seemed funny in this episode. When Hoss is talking to the two women who have one of the land parcels, he calls himself "Hoss Jones" because he's been warned not to say he's a Cartwright. One of those two women is played by Eileen Ryan, who plays...guess who...Abigail Jones, later on in this season. I know Jones is a common name, but I think the coincidence is interesting!
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?
Joe, "Queen High"

daisy60
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 124
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael
:
11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Winter 2018/2019 Christmas 2018
Thanksgiving questions 2018 Thanksgiving 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8
Halloween 2018 Surprise Level 10 Surprise Level 9 Surprise Level 8
Surprise Level 7 Surprise Level 6 Surprise Level 5 Surprise Level 4
View All Badges

Postby daisy60 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:24 am

I noticed Eileen Ryan sometime during the mid-70's, just that she looked familiar. I realized her name years later. My favorite scene is when both ladies pull up at the Ponderosa looking for Hoss. They were looking for a man after all and he'll do nicely!
:just married

Calamity
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 268
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All Four Cartwrights
:
BINGO Search Emoticon Edition BINGO Gutterball Emoticon Ed. Without A Trace 5 Countdown to 1,111,111
Stepping Up 2017 Christmas 2016 New Year's Resolutions 2017 Modern Art
Stuffed In Chat Dan Blocker Birthday 2016 Slow Cooker Recipes Guest Who's Coming To Dinner
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2009 The Coloring Book In Memory David Canary Halloween Tales 2016
View All Badges

Postby Calamity » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:04 pm

I like to watch this one not because of the guest star but because of how the rest of the cast reacts that his character. That scene between Adam and Hop Sing is priceless!
Proud Owner of Adam's Poetry Book, Lafe's Auction June 2016
Proud Member of BHA
♪ ♫ ♬ Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight? ♪ ♫ ♬

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 114
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam
:
Reader's Choice Level 1 Bonanza Ballads Level 6 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019
Winter 2018/2019 Guest Star POD 5,000 Posts Christmas 2018
Dan's Birthday 2018 Prop Fiction NaNoWriMo 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018
Without A Trace 8 Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 Halloween 2018
View All Badges

Postby littlejoenice » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:29 pm

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:I noticed something that seemed funny in this episode. When Hoss is talking to the two women who have one of the land parcels, he calls himself "Hoss Jones" because he's been warned not to say he's a Cartwright. One of those two women is played by Eileen Ryan, who plays...guess who...Abigail Jones, later on in this season. I know Jones is a common name, but I think the coincidence is interesting!

I never noticed that, Cowgirl. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll have to rewatch that episode now! :grin
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Season 3”