Bonanza Season 1 Episodes
littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 105
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam
:
Prop Fiction NaNoWriMo 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 Halloween 2018 Fan Fic Fun Level 2
Mike's Birthday 2018 Ponderosa Nightmares 2018 Surprise Level 4 Surprise Level 3
Time For A Commercial Break 4 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Coffee with the Cartwrights
View All Badges

Re: Episode 22 - BLOOD ON THE LAND

Postby littlejoenice » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:43 pm

I rather enjoyed this episode, particularly Everett Sloane's performance. I think Ben was right to throw Drummond off his land. As January said in the first post, Drummond was a low-down, dirty creep, and maybe ben didn't know that initially. What he was most worried about was the sheep crossing his land. There are some-- if not many-- instances where sheep and cattle cannot be mixed on the same grazing ground. Why, the sheep would demolish it before the cows even have a chance!

Ben knew that, and by throwing the likes of Jeb Drummond and all those with him off his land, he was not only protecting it from damage, he was also protecting his cattle from starvation, or at least, that's my point of view. Adam, of course, stood up to his father in this episode, as he did in a few of the earlier ones, and that only served to anger Ben more. But Ben proved that even though he loved the land, he wouldn't put it above his sons, even going so far as to offer Drummond half of the Ponderosa in order for Adam not to be hurt. I think that was my favorite scene out of the whole episode.
Adam told his father not to do it, that it wasn't worth it, but just the look in his father's eyes showed that Adam's life was worth it.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Julianna
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 30
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam
:
Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 2 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Coffee with the Cartwrights
Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 1,000 Posts Talk Like A Pirate 2018
Guess The Guest Star 2 September Song 2018 Game Night 11 Aug 2018 Level 1 The Secret Word 2
Cinco de mayo 2018 Without A Trace 7 5-star review Like us on fb
View All Badges

Postby Julianna » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Well stated, littlejoenice. I agree.

Tahoe Lee
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 14
:
Escape To Ponderosa Mike's Birthday 2018 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 1
Surprise Level 3 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record Level 2
Break The Record eff 2018 100 Posts PODs Pernell Birthday 2018
Chat Host New Member Post
View All Badges

Postby Tahoe Lee » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Adam not only stood up to Ben but he told him he was just as bad as Drummond.

Ben (not so politely) told him to repeat that when he yelled..."I'm what??"

Whoa Adam. That was pretty gutsy even by today's standards.
"You're a good man, Adam. You're very kind, thoughtful, considerate.
Gonna tell my people, Paiutes, you're our friend." *Toy soldier*

Sharry
Drover
Drover
Badges: 51
:
Ponderosa Nightmares 2018 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018
Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Feedback Corral Summer 2018 FFW 2018 Matchups
FFW 2018 Once Upon A Story FFW 2018 Fabulous Fan Fiction Cinco de mayo 2018 Stuffed In Chat 2018
Meet & Greet Chat 2018 Anniversary Secret Word Step Up To 2018 Not So Guilty Pleasures
View All Badges

Postby Sharry » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Tahoe Lee wrote:Adam not only stood up to Ben but he told him he was just as bad as Drummond.

Ben (not so politely) told him to repeat that when he yelled..."I'm what??"

Whoa Adam. That was pretty gutsy even by today's standards.

That's one of the things I adore about Adam. He's one gutsy guy. :thumbup

Sharry
Drover
Drover
Badges: 51
:
Ponderosa Nightmares 2018 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018
Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Feedback Corral Summer 2018 FFW 2018 Matchups
FFW 2018 Once Upon A Story FFW 2018 Fabulous Fan Fiction Cinco de mayo 2018 Stuffed In Chat 2018
Meet & Greet Chat 2018 Anniversary Secret Word Step Up To 2018 Not So Guilty Pleasures
View All Badges

Postby Sharry » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:34 pm

I watched this episode today. Adam did stand up to Ben, but what actually struck me the most this time around was how quickly Ben sought to change his thinking once Adam's safety was truly at stake. Everything became crystal clear once the trade off was Adam vs 50,000 acres of land. (Or any amount of acreage for that matter.) :adam :ben :thumbup

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 105
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam
:
Prop Fiction NaNoWriMo 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 Halloween 2018 Fan Fic Fun Level 2
Mike's Birthday 2018 Ponderosa Nightmares 2018 Surprise Level 4 Surprise Level 3
Time For A Commercial Break 4 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Coffee with the Cartwrights
View All Badges

Postby littlejoenice » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm

I might watch this episode today. I forgot how good it was.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Season 1”