What does your nick stand for?

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
littlejoenice
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 281
Stories: 4
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza Ballads Level 36 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Prop Fiction level 2
Valentine's Day Broken Heart Happy 16th Anniversary Winter Memories 23/24 Bonanza Ballads Level 35
Library Author Bonanza Ballads Level 34 Bonanza Ballads Level 33 Spring Has Spring
Bonanza Ballads Level 32 BINGO Participant Winter '23 Bonanza Ballads Level 31 Ponderosa Nightmares 2022

View all badges

Re: What does your nick stand for?

Post by littlejoenice »

My name came out kind of accidentally, actually. The first name I chose was iloveadam, but at the last minute, I switched it, and it came out to littlejoenice.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."
LittleJoe4Ever
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 10
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe

Group Member 100 Posts PODs Behind The Scenes
Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 1 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 The Reading Club Pennings From Prompts
Puzzle Muddle Hidden Treasures

View all badges

Post by LittleJoe4Ever »

littlejoenice wrote:My name came out kind of accidentally, actually. The first name I chose was iloveadam, but at the last minute, I switched it, and it came out to littlejoenice.
But how? And is it because even though you love Adam, you still think highly of Little Joe? Sorry, I'm just super curious. :yes
littlejoenice
Wrangler
Wrangler

Bonanza Ballads Level 36 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Prop Fiction level 2
Valentine's Day Broken Heart Happy 16th Anniversary Winter Memories 23/24 Bonanza Ballads Level 35
Library Author Bonanza Ballads Level 34 Bonanza Ballads Level 33 Spring Has Spring
Bonanza Ballads Level 32 BINGO Participant Winter '23 Bonanza Ballads Level 31 Ponderosa Nightmares 2022

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice »

Okay. Here's what really happened. To read the stories in the library, which is what I discovered first on the site, I created the name iloveadam. Then, to sign into the forums, I found out you can only have one name for both the library and the forums. So I got some help, and it got switched to the name I had signed into the forums with. Second time I've had to explain, though it is quite a funny story to tell. :grin
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 276
Stories: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary
Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 Library Beta Reader Eff 2024 Deck The Halls
Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023 ML Birthday 2023 BINGO Halloween Spare
BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Strike September Song 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Post by CowgirlAtHeart »

Mine is because my grandma was a cowgirl in Montana and I've always wished I was one. Maybe someday. :)
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?
Joe, "Queen High"

:dg
JDGal1987
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 6
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Valentine's Day 2017 100 Posts BOOMers BOOMbox Lorne Greene Birthday 2017
PODs Stepping Up 2017

View all badges

Post by JDGal1987 »

My nick comes from growing up on a farm and having a father who was loyal to John Deere (JD) tractors and machinery - then always driving those tractors in the fields. The "1987" is my birthyear.
“You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.”
– James Froude
Sparky
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Post by Sparky »

Hi and thanks for letting me join. Mine is just a nick I've had for years :adam
Casey12
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Post by Casey12 »

My nic is totally unrelated to Bonanza. It combines my 1st pet's name and my parent's anniversary.
littlejoenice
Wrangler
Wrangler

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice »

Aw! That's sweet, Casey.

RedShirt
Drover
Drover
Badges: 31
Stories: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam Cartwright

12th Anniversary BB December Delectables Feedback Corral Summer 2018
Pernell Birthday 2018 FFW 2018 Title Search FFW 2018 Matchups FFW 2018 Fabulous Fan Fiction
Cinco de mayo 2018 Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018 Stuffed In Chat 2018 Meet & Greet Chat 2018
1,000 Posts FanFic Writer Badge Olympics Silver 2018 Anniversary Don't Blink

View all badges

Post by RedShirt »

I have a weakness for a certain red shirt.
A gun is only a tool, like your jackknife; no better 'n no worse than the man who handles it. Any man can pull a trigger. It's not hard. But it takes a big man not to pull one. -- Adam Cartwright
elizabeth
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 336
Stories: 10
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Winter Writing Challenge 23/24 Reader's Choice Level 23 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Bonanza Ballads Level 40 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024
Holiday Participation 2023 Zazzle Buyer Christmas Bauble 2023 Library Beta Reader Eff 2024
Bonanza Ballads Level 39 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023

View all badges

Post by elizabeth »

my nickname needs to be Slo. Just found this thread. I grabbed a nickname that I knew I could remember. Elizabeth is the name on my birth certificate, but I have never been called Elizabeth, except by people who don't know me. It's almost an avatar now. I had second thoughts that Elizabeth is the name of a dead wife, but what the heck.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”